Marine Batteries for Sale by Allstar Batteries
If you want your water-based vessel to remain functional and safe for years to come, you should choose us when you want to invest in quality marine batteries for sale. Keep reading below for some top maintenance tips and to learn why investing in a charger is worthwhile.Tips Regarding Your 12-Volt Marine Battery
When you purchase a battery for your boat from us, you can feel confident you’re investing in a quality product. However, the following useful pointers will help you keep your batteries in top condition:
- Wash the battery terminals: Use a paste made from water and baking soda to clean your battery’s terminals and neutralise any acid. Batteries can die when grease and acid create a film over the case and become conductible, connecting the two terminals and causing the battery to fail. You should also use dielectric grease to protect your terminals. We recommend dielectric solutions because they’re non-conductive.
- Cover your battery’s positive terminal: You can purchase a ‘boot’ to cover your battery’s positive terminal for a reasonable price. This boot prevents arcing and sparks, which minimises the possibility of your battery exploding if, for example, you dropped a tool on it. Even if you keep your battery in a marine battery box, we recommend covering the positive terminal for your safety.
- Let our professionals inspect it: Thanks to our technicians’ years of experience, there’s no better team to trust to take care of your boat’s battery than ours. Regardless of what kind of vessel you sail, or which part requires some TLC, we can handle it, and we have all the replacement components you could ever need to keep your boat in full working condition for years if not decades to come.
The Importance of a Marine Battery Charger
If you want to keep your vessel on the water for as long as possible, you might be interested in learning more about our battery chargers:
- You need to select the correct type of charger for your boat’s battery: Not all chargers are compatible with any battery. If you choose the wrong solution, the consequences could include permanent damage to your battery as well as other aspects of your boat. Fortunately, we can recommend the most suitable charger for your requirements regardless of which vessel you sail.
- You should think about how long it will take for your battery to recharge: Some high-end chargers can recharge your boat’s battery in as little as five hours, which is ideal if you require your vessel to make a living. Other more affordable options take up to 12 hours, which may be fine if you use your boat for leisure when you have the weekend off work.
- Battery rechargers require maintenance: Just like everything in this world, marine chargers have a lifespan and will require upkeep to remain functional. Fortunately, for all needs related to boat and marine component maintenance, you needn’t look any further than Allstar Batteries, one of Brisbane’s leading battery suppliers.
Why an Allstar Marine Battery Box Is Cost-Effective
We only source batteries and accessories from the leading brands because we want to provide our customers with high-value, durable products. If you have any questions, want to know more about pricing or need some advice, don’t hesitate to call us.