Sealed Maintenance Free Batteries
ACDelco's Sealed Maintenance Free (SMF) Batteries undergo some of the strictest quality assessment processes to ensure high quality and outstanding reliability. With its factory-sealed, lead calcium technology, this battery is maintenance free.
ACDelco SMF Batteries feature lead calcium expanded grids (Lead Calcium Technology) for improved resistance to corrosion, overcharging, gassing, water usage, self discharge and thermal runaway, all of which limit battery life in conventional lead acid batteries. The range includes batteries to suit cranking / starting (traditional automotive), high cycle, dual purpose starting / deep cycle and deep cycle applications.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Built in hydrometer (most batteries) – Indicates state of charge.
- Factory-sealed – Makes these batteries maintenance free.
- Polypropylene case – Reinforced design is precisely tailored to support the battery elements to withstand road shock and vibration. This strong durable material combines light weight with high impact strength.
- Liquid-gas separator area – Returns liquid to reservoir for longer life.
- Integrated or rope handle – For ease of transport and installation.
- Flame arrester – Safety system, prevents explosion from sparks outside the battery, minimises acid leakage, prevents inflow of dust.
- Heat sealed covers – Helps prevent electrolyte contamination and increase case strength.
- Centered cast on plate strap – Stronger than thinner gas-burned conventional connectors.
- Low resistance envelope separators – Encapsulated negative plates help to prevent shorting / treeing between negative and positive plates as well as aid vibration durability.
- Increased battery shelf life - Compared to conventional batteries, up to 12 months shelf life without charging due to the use of calcium / calcium grids.
So for all your battery needs contact us or call Allstar Batteries today on (07) 3889 9204